We are getting an increasing number of patients ringing the practice to enquire about the COVID Booster for this Autumn 2023.
The patients who are eligible this season are:-
- Residents in care homes for older adults
- All adults aged 65 years and over
- People aged 6 months to 64 years in a clinical risk group
- Frontline health and social care workers
- People aged 12 to 64 years who are household contacts of people with immunosuppression
- People aged 16 to 64 years who are carers and staff working in care homes for older adults
From the 18th September 2023, the NHS started to invite patients in priority order of risk.
As a practice, we are not administering the COVID vaccine ourselves but there are various venues across Bolton where you can go to have your vaccination.
Below are the various ways you can book your appointment for the COVID-19 Autumn Booster vaccination:
- You can ring 119
- You can go online by clicking here
- You can book via the NHS App
- Patient can also have their COVID Vaccine at the Bolton Health Hive in the Market Place, Bolton. Eligible patients will be texted by the GP Federation, starting this week, to book their appointment at the Bolton Health Hive. A link to book an appointment will be included in the text message. Their clinics will be held on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday 09.00 am to 5.00 pm (by appointment only). The Health Hive will also be holding a walk-in clinic on a Saturday between 10.00 am and 4.00 pm.