If you require to speak to the doctors or nurses by telephone, you should expect the following:-
- To be asked by the receptionist for brief details of your requirements, so that the medical urgency of your call can be assessed.
- If your call is medically urgent, eg chest pains, shortness of breath, severe bleeding etc, your call will be put through to the doctor on call IMMEDIATELY.
- For non-medically urgent calls you will be asked to give a contact number for the doctor/nurse to contact you, when they are not seeing patients.
- Your call will then be logged in the doctor’s/nurses’s appointment day book on the computer system for the doctor/nurse to access.
- All telephone contacts/consultations will be recorded in your computerised medical records.